From couscous to camels, mint tea to tanneries, get a taste of Morocco’s best bits on this adventure through mountains, gorges, desert and Berber villages. Kick-start in the French-infused port city of Casablanca, hang out with a local family on a homestay in Moulay Idriss, navigate the mother of all medinas in the cultural capital of Fes, wind your way up through Tizi n’Tichka and the High Atlas Mountains, before riding camels along the sand dunes during sunset and setting up camp under the Saharan stars. From the colourful and chaotic Marrakech markets to the blue washed city of Chefchaouen – this adventure through Morocco hits all the essentials.
- Moulay Idriss – Mint tea making demo
- Volubilis – Entrance and guided tour
- Fes – Medina walking tour
- Fes – Medersa El Attarine
- Fes – Tannery visit
- Sahara Desert – Camel ride
- Sahara Desert – Overnight Desert Camp
- Ait Benhaddou – Tea at Tawesna association
- Marrakech – Medina walking tour
- Marrakech – Street food tasting in Old Medina
- Prepare for the best mint tea of your life on a visit to the Tawesna teahouse. This experience is more than just a cuppa, it’s about discovering a culture and contributing to the economic inclusion of women.
- Enjoy a street food experience with multiple Moroccan favourites at a local restaurant with your group and trip leader – the best way to sample all the delicious goods in Jemaa el Fnaa!
- Watch the sunset from a camel’s back in the Sahara Desert and camp beneath a blanket of stars – now this is a bucket list experience!
- It’s easy to get lost in a labyrinth (think less David Bowie film, more medieval maze), especially when there are enticing distractions at every turn. Never fear, your local guide knows the city of Fes like a lifelong friend.
- Traverse blue washed streets (with some new feline friends) in Chefchaouen – named after the two mountains that hug the city.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Education for All. Donations help them support girls in the High Atlas Mountains through secondary school, bringing a generation of women out of the cycle of illiteracy, poverty and early marriage.
Todra Gorge - Dades Valley
High Atlas - Marrakech